Christiane and Andrew, Abbey House, Barrow
Magical day at Abbey House
A wonderful spring day awaited us all at the majestic Abbey House in Barrow for the wedding of Christiane and Andrew. But before we landed at Abbey House we headed up to the picturesque St Luke’s Church at Slyne-With-Hest for the ceremony. During proceedings we were blessed with uplifting song from the choir and spring sun streaming through the church windows.
As soon as we arrived at Abbey House we grabbed all the group photos and sneaked a few bride and groom shots before the speeches commenced. Such amazing words from all the speakers, right from the heart!
Breathtaking Bride and Groom
After the wedding breakfast I was keen to take Christiane and Andrew down to abbey ruins hidden behind the venue. It really did prove to be worth the effort, what a stunning setting! To top it all we captured the couple silhouetted in the last rays of sunlight as we made our way back to Abbey House.
We ended with a faultless first dance and then the partying began! The place was jumping to the sound of The Relays with the dance floor filled from pillar to post. This was my time to say my goodbyes to a truly epic day and I hope to be back at Abbey House again very soon.
Massive thank you also to Val at Flying Canadian Photography for shooting alongside me and everyone else at Abbey House for all your help.
Other awesome suppliers!
- Cake – bakery at no4
- Dress & bridesmaids – Mears Ghyll
- Shoes – Rainbow Club
- Make up – Jo Coole
- Hair – Jo & Cass Morecambe
- Church flowers, bouquets and button holes – Robinson’s Florist
- Venue Flowers – Brackens of Bowness
- Videographer – Alex Eyre
- Church – St Luke’s Slyne with Hest
- Venue – Abbey House Hotel and Gardens
- Suits – Moss Bros
- Wedding favours – Grasmere Gingerbread and Lake District Gin
- Wedding Stationary – Eaton Stationary
- Wedding car – People to places
- Choir – Blackburn’s people choir
- Acoustic Trio – Plain Folk
- Band – The Relays
- Toast Master – George
- Evening Host – Danny Matthews
- Magician – Jay
- Crepe Stand – sweets for my sweet
- Organist – Damian Howard
- Trumpeter – Stephen Pendlebury